Přihláška na to stát se mentorem je zde

    Application for getting a buddy can be found here

    Please feel free to contact us at info@esnusb.cz

Arriving to the Czech Republic

EU Citizen – Citizens of EU member states need a passport or other ID document to enter the Czech Republic. The same is true for citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, who can freely move around the EEA (European Economic Area)

NON EU CITIZEN – Visitors from other countries require a passport with at least six months’ validity on the day of arrival and in some cases a visaA list of states whose citizens require a visa to enter the Czech Republic can be found on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. More information about VISA here.

Schengen Zone – From 21. 12. 2007 the Czech Republic will enter the so-called Schengen Zone. This group of countries have come together to enable people to cross their borders without passport controls. Despite this, however, a valid passport or other ID will still have to be carried out at all times.

Visa and residence Permit
Residence permit for a citizen of an European Union member country
European Union citizens do not require any special residence permit for 3 months of residence. If a citizen of a different member country wants to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months (e.g. for the purpose of study, employment), his is entitled to apply for the issue of “a residence permit for a citizen of a European Union member country”. A residence permit application is filed at the representative office in their country of residence or directly at the aliens’ registration office in the Czech Republic.

The following must be enclosed with an application:

– passport,
– document confirming the purpose of residence (e.g. employment contract),
– 2 photographs,
– health insurance certificate,
– statutory declaration that for the period of residence you will not apply social benefits;
– at the request of the representative office or police you will submit a medical report stating that you does not suffer from a serious illness.
An original or authenticated copy of accommodation, lease agreement, sub-lease agreement or an agreement with similar contents is considered proof of accommodation for the period of residence in the Czech Republic.

Proof that the student has finances for his residence or a statement from an account at the bank in the name of the foreigner showing that during his residence in the Czech Republic he has finances to the required amount or submit another document about financing his residence in the Czech Republic (e.g. valid internationally recognised credit card). Currently this concerns the amount of 2 020 CZK – 81 EUR.
A charge of 1 000 CZK (40 EUR) is required for the issue of a long-term residence permit for the purpose of study in the Czech Republic.
The police will then issue the European Union citizen a permit for temporary residence in the form of residence permit card for the citizen of the European Union member country. This card is issued as a separate document or in the form of a sticker which is marked in the foreigner’s passport.

Registration in the Foreign Police department after arrival
Staying in a dorm, hotel,hostel
The dormitory, hotel or hostel should register you, so that you don’t have to visit the Foreign Police. But please check if they really did that.

I am staying in a private flat
1) If you are a citizen of the EU / Schengen area / EFTA and your stay exceeds 30 days, you have to visit the Foreign Police within 30 days after you enter the Czech Republic.
2) If you are a citizen of third countries (outside the EU / Schengen area / EFTA) eg. Turkey, you have to visit the Foreign Police within 3 working days after you enter the Czech Republic.

If you need to prolong your stay, or if you move to a new place, you have to go again to Foreign Police department and notify them about the changes. They do not usually speak well english so our mentors will help you with translations.

Foreign Police Contact in České Budějovice:

Policie České republiky
Oblastní ředitelství – Služby cizinecké policie
Pražská 558,
370 74 České Budějovice
Tel: +420 387 428 506, fax: +420 387 424 731
e-mail: sekrscpp@mvcr.cz


Comments are closed